Friday, January 20, 2012

Scarborough: GOP Establishment Trying to "Figure Out a Way To Get To a Brokered Convention"

As flagged by Newsbusters, MSNBC's Joe Scarborough revealed today that the "most powerful" conservatives are seriously considering how they can engineer a brokered convention to attract a new candidate:



The Republicans--I've said it before--they want a brokered convention. And Newt is the next step there. Do you guys think, have you guys heard, has anybody said in the Republican establishment, "man, I want Newt to be our nominee"?...

...You know I've been talking quietly to the most powerful, I think, conservative movers-and-shakers in Washington over the past couple weeks, trying to get their read. Are we really going down this path? Every single one I've spoken to is trying to figure out a way to get to a brokered convention. Everyone thinks, resents the fact that Mitt Romney's people think that he's entitled to this. I don't know if it's possible or not. But that's what the Republican establishment wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment